Spring is here and what that means is the farmer's market! These homemade carrot muffins are a great way to utilize local whole food ingredients in your town.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda aluminum free
- 1 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 or 3 ripe bananas
- 3 local pasture raised eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil melted
- 1 &1/2 cups shredded local carrots
- 1 & 1/3 cups of walnuts or nut of your choice finely chopped
- 12 muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a food processor or blender combine dates, bananas, eggs, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture, and combine thoroughly. Once combined, fold in carrots and nuts. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.