Infrared sauna therapy aids in removing toxins from the body. It also allows one to release built-up tension to achieve a relaxed state. The evidence also suggests that regular sauna baths are associated with a better health-related quality of life.
Traditional Vs. Infrared Sauna
A sauna is a sauna, right? Wrong.
The short story is that Clearlight® infrared saunas warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight. Traditional saunas work differently, raising the temperature and humidity of the air in the cabin to a very high level to warm the body.
This heavy, humid, hard to breathe, and extremely warm air (180-225ºF) can be an uncomfortable experience. It could even pose a variety of potential health risks for some. Infrared saunas work on an entirely different principle.
Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, Clearlight® infrared saunas heat the body directly, creating a dry air environment within the cabin. The result is deeper tissue penetration. In the Clearlight® infrared sauna, the body perspires deeply, receiving all of the healthy benefits, but avoiding the potentially harmful, extremely hot, uncomfortably humid air of a traditional steam sauna.
Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Weight loss & increased metabolism
- Immune system boost
- Improves appearance of cellulite
- Ease joint pain & stiffness
- Stress and fatigue reduction
- Improves skin
- Heart health
Wholistic Nutrition offers Halotherapy as an additional service. Halotherapy is the practice of breathing in salty air. The salt purifies the air which then in turn purifies the air within the lungs. Halotherapy has a long list of benefits including clearing congestion, relieving allergies, helping clear skin conditions, lessening asthma symptoms, and more. Potential benefits of halotherapy are:
- Antibacterial, helps prevent infections
- Immune boosting
- Clearing up mucus from your airways
- Help with Acne & Rosacea
- Help with Psoriasis
- Help with Fungal Infections
- Help reduce Wrinkles
- Help clear Rashes
- Can be used as part of helping with:
- Lung infection
- Cold and/or cough
- COPD and smoking-related breathing problems
- Respiratory allergies
Red Light Therapy
Wholistic Nutrition also offers Red Light Therapy as an additional service. Red Light Therapy uses red low-level wavelengths of light for a variety of purposes. Potential benefits of red light therapy are:
- Stimulate mitochondria health (energy production)
- Stimulate collagen production
- Improve skin to help reduce, prevent and repair wrinkles, age spots, scars, redness & acne
- Increase blood circulation to the tissue
- Reduce inflammation in cells
- Improve wound healing
- Improve rosacea, eczema and psoriasis
- Does NOT use UV light
- Reduce cellulite formation
- Reduce skin inflammation
- Improve circadian rhythm and sleep
- Support hair growth
But, will this help me?
If you’re experiencing any of the following, then sauna therapy is for you!
- Stubborn weight loss
- Sore muscles
- Frequent colds and flus (decreased immune system)
- Joint pain/stiffness
- Stress & fatigue
- Dull skin, acne, eczema
- Chronic Pain
- High blood pressure
Here’s What You Need to Know Ahead of Time
- When you are spending an extended amount of time in your sauna, be mindful of your hydration. Good hydration is important before and after each session. Avoid alcohol or other intoxicating substances and if you are not feeling well, take a break and listen to your body.
- For those new to infrared therapy, it can take time for your body to adjust. During the first sessions, some people elicit a shallow sweat. No need to worry. Give your body time to acclimatize to infrared and ensure that you stay hydrated.
- With more use, you’ll notice a deep, purifying sweat and an invigorating feeling afterward. There is no one answer for the number of sessions per week, but consistency is key.
- You will see wellness improvements sooner if you use it daily.
- On average, most people partake in 30-45 minute sessions, 3-4 times a week.
- You will keep sweating for a while as your core body temperature cools. Wipe down with a towel and when ready hop into the shower.
- Showering immediately after a sauna session is recommended and helps cleanse your skin of the toxins you have excreted during your sweat session. Each one of our sauna rooms is private and there is a bathroom complete with a walk-in shower across the hall, for your convenience.
- Once you’re done with your shower, it’s time to rehydrate. Your body will lose electrolytes with your sweat.
- There is no research suggesting any harm from using a sauna every day. Although, there are several common-sense precautions like overheating or dehydration.
- As always, consult with your physician if you are unsure if an infrared sauna is right for you.
- We recommend 3 consecutive sauna sessions to jump start your body’s detoxification process.