Adrenal distress has many stages but can leave you feeling exhausted in the morning and wired at night. You may also experience hair loss, weight gain or loss, increased cravings, bloating, high blood pressure, feeling worse after exercise, and difficulty recovering from illness.
Dysregulated adrenals interfere with our ability to produce other essential hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroid hormones.
If you’re struggling with the symptoms of adrenal dysfunction, proper nutrition and timing play an important role!
Adrenal Nourishing Breakfast Ideas
- Avocado Toast: GF bread, smashed avocado, smoked salmon, egg, and broccoli sprouts with a side of berries.
- Loaded Veg Egg Scramble: Egg scramble loaded with colorful veggies for those phytonutrients and fiber, topped with salsa, and add a side of roasted sweet potatoes. (You can make this ahead of time so in the morning you can just grab it and go.)
- Dairy Free Yogurt Bowl: Unsweetened dairy-free yogurt, blueberries, chia or flax seeds, grass-fed beef protein with Equip Foods – Prime Protein or Nutridyn’s Paleo Protein (if you are a new Nutridyn customer a practitioner code is required – our Practitioner Code is 283302), gluten-free granola, and peanut or almond butter.
- Overnight Gluten Free Oatmeal: Paleo protein powder, blueberries, hemp seeds, unsweetened nut milk, uncooked overnight oats (gluten-free certified), unsweetened coconut yogurt.
When we properly time our meals to support our natural rhythms, we can prevent dramatic drops in blood sugar, and instead of focusing on producing cortisol constantly, our adrenals can instead perform their other important functions.
Other Fun Options
- Refried Bean Breakfast Tacos
- Sweet Potato Hash with Black Beans
- Meat, Potato, & Veggie (supper for breakfast)
- Chia Pudding
- Avocado Gluten-Free Toast with a Duck Egg or Leftover Chicken
- Paleo Pancakes
Eating a nutritious breakfast that includes protein and fiber within an hour of rising can help balance your metabolism and cortisol throughout the entire day.
Cheers to nourishing our adrenals!
– Becky & Jeff Witt